Sunday 9 January 2011

Only gained half a pound!

Well, had my weigh-in yesterday and feared the worse after stepping on my scales at home last Tuesday.

We stopped by the in-laws on our way home on Monday and was offered a biscuit, which I kindly declined. I said it probably wouldn't make a difference as I had probably gained weight over the holidays anyway and the MIL said she thought so and that it was 'noticable'! I felt sooo awful after that remark that I HAD to step on the scales at home on Tuesday morning. I never weigh after having had any food, so only weigh myself in the morning, fresh out of bed, after having been to the loo!

So thinking there would be a 2,5 kilo damage, I found out I had only gained HALF A POUND!!!!!




How on earth is that possible after all the excess at Christmas and New Year and then a week of not being on plan 100% and eating crisps, arctic rolls, biscuits, chocolate and all sorts?
I do not know how, but I am well pleased.

So here's to my MIL who told me it was 'noticable' that I had gained weight..! NOT!! ;o) LOL

1 comment:

  1. I apologise to my MIL - the remarks above were not intended in a nasty way. It was by no means aimed to tarnish her reputation. She's a very loving Mother-In-Law and cares hugely about those around her. I just felt really self-conscious after her remark and finding out on Saturday that I had only gained half a pound was just such a relief and with the post above i just meant to say that what people say and the conclusions that can be drawn from remarks do not neccesarily have to reflect the facts. I may not have looked my best, but that could have been caused by many other reasons, not just by my weight gain or in this case hardly no gain.

    ReplyDelete