Sunday 16 January 2011

Another week...

Goodness, another week has passed. I only weigh in every two weeks, so I have no idea what the damage is this week... though I did get on the scales on Tuesday and found I have lost even more weight...

I placed some orders with Cath Kidston and received some really nice fabrics for some projects I am going to be working on as soon as I have a proper workspace. Lovely fabrics for projects from Cath Kidston's book 'SEW'.

I also ordered some more bits and pieces from a newly found FlyBaby friend's website - http://www.sewbox.co.uk

I cannot wait for my craft room! It just means we have to get the guest room sorted and make it into a multi-function room. We've bought a new guest bed yesterday, one that looks like a normal single bed, but slides out to a double if needed. This will give more space in the guest room.
We will have to break out the built-in wardrobe and put new storage back in and a nice big desk for me so I can have my sewing machine out as well as a computer...

The rest of the house is near to completion now. We've got the new fireplace and the new skirting board in the living room, we're just waiting for the final coat of paint on it and then the carpet can be finished.
The curtains are nearly ready to be hung and I think we have finally reached an agreement about the new lights... difficult as there's so many choices and so little I really like... and what we all agreed on would be the best solution is now not available as they've discontinued the lights. Thanks, Next!

Along with the new guest bed, we also bought a 'Big Girl Bed' for Katelijn yesterday. The beds will be delivered on Tuesday, so we have to get the guest room empty by then. I've put the old bed on eBay as well as our old TV and will do the same with the cot.
Bed on eBay
TV on eBay

Today we will be opening Christmas presents with the extended Smith Family. We were going to hav ethe whole lot here, but as our living room is still not livable and the stuff still stacked in the dining room, this is all not going to happen and we've moved the venue to the Brother- and Sister-in-Law. As I had already bought all the food I have just started preparations. DH is off to the supermarket with the kids to pick up some last minute items as Ocado could not deliver this morning. The house is now empty, so I can sort out the presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment