Wednesday 5 January 2011

Back Home

After a few busy weeks at the family in the Netherlands we're finally back home.
We came home to an extremely cold house on Monday afternoon and we discovered we'd ran out of oil!
We thought we'd be OK until today, but even with the whole system on frost setting the oil ran out. We had ordered a delivery before we went away, but with the snow and cold weather they had run behind. Of course it was a Bank Holiday so no oil suppliers were open.
Mark managed to get a couple of portable heaters from a local DIY shop and we managed to heat up the kitchen, the conservatory (which has electric underfloor heating) and the bedrooms.
Yesterday we managed to get a few jerrycans full of oil, so that kept us going and just half an hour ago our delivery finally arrived, so we're warm and cosy again.

I dared the personal scales yesterday and of course the Christmas and New Year's damage was visible. I have my next Sure Slim UK weigh-in on Saturday so I reserve judgement until then as it gives me a few days to get back on track. I don't expect much, but who knows.
Unfortunately this morning I was cleaning my kitchen scales and the top dropped out of my hands onto the stone floor and shattered in thousands of pieces. Now I have no means to weigh my portions accurately, I have another set of scales, but they are not very accurate, but for now that'll have to do.
I'm going to have to look for some snazzy new kitchen scales now! Any excuse to go shopping really... LOL

The house is still a mess after the decorating that was done before the Christmas and New Years festivities and we had the carpet delivered today. We're still on track for getting it all fitted this Friday and Saturday, so hopefully by Sunday we can re-claim our living and dining rooms in full new decor! I cannot wait. 
The new fireplace is being installed next week and we'll get all the curtains then as well. I'll be glad when it's all over.

I have not done anything creative since coming back, but I did manage to do a lot on the cross stitch work over the holidays. Maybe I'll manage to finish it by March.

No comments:

Post a Comment